Thursday, October 27, 2005

It Ain't Necessarily So...

Probably one of the blogosphere's best kept secrets is Sportin' Life's blog It Ain't Necessarily So.... It's become one of the blogs that I read most often, and for three reasons:

  • Freshness of topics
  • I never feel like he's beating a dead horse. The topics generally all involve religion somehow, but are often looking at religion from different angles such as the Bible in schools, a comparision with christianity to the message of the KKK, religion in U.S. politics, and something that isn't reported on as much-religion in foreign politics.

  • Conciseness
  • As a graduate student I'm finding myself having less and less time to read blogs. His articles are long enough to give me interesting information yet still give me time to finish reading the article so that I can formulate a worthwhile comment before I finish my morning coffee.

  • Frequently updated
  • Probably the most frequently updated blog that I read. It's not unusual at all for him to have two posts in a single day.

    But don't take my word for it, check it out yourself.

    3 comments:

    Aaron Kinney said...

    Youre right. It IS a good blog! Thanx for the headsup!

    Sportin' Life said...

    Delta, thank you! You're too kind.

    vjack said...

    I couldn't agree more. Outstanding blog that has been in my RSS aggregator for quite awhile.