Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Stabbing the Homeless is the Lord's Work

     Have you ever taken a nice stroll in the park and out of the corner of your eye you see a homeless man sleeping? Ever had that thought "damn, I'd like to kill that man in his sleep, just for the hell of it"? Sure, we all have. But what keeps many of us from doing it is the thought that if we were caught, we'd go to jail and even if we got out, it'd be impossible to find a job. Well, no need to worry any longer, because christians have made it very clear this past week that they will welcome you with open arms.

    James Tramel, a man who got out of prison on Sunday after serving nearly 20 years for he and his friend's participation in the stabbing of a sleeping man in a park (the police described it as a "thrill kill"), went straight to the Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd in Berkeley to become an assistant pastor. The church and its members were extremely excited to have him come to teach them about morality and the way to live their lives. Linda Hicks, an older member of the church, said,"God came through!" Yep, congrats to you God. You had to kill a homeless man to do it, but you finally succeeded.

     I mean, it's one thing to forgive and forget and accept the man into the community again, but to ask him to teach you about ethics, now that's another thing. This just goes to show that christians will excuse any behavior as long as they send up the praise to Jesus, who incidentally, was also a homeless man.*

*In popular mythology of course.

4 comments:

vjack said...

Great post (as usual)! From the Christian viewpoint, the only thing preventing someone from going on a killing spree is belief in their imaginary god. The man described in this case obviously didn't believe in god and killed as a result. Fortunately, he "found god" through his time in prison. Now that he has accepted their delusion, they welcome him with open arms. This sure provides some fascinating insight into the workings of the Christian mind, doesn't it?

Aaron Kinney said...

I dunno, this sounds like a success story for the Lord to me. The Lord delivered a homeless man to this stab-happy criminal, who rotted for 20 years in jail draining the resourcs of society, and now gets to teach NON-criminals about morality! Who better for the Xtians to learn about morality from than a thrill-killer? Maybe they will get to see some live crucifixions soon?

GLORY, GLORY HALLELUJAH! ;-)

Unknown said...

I take issue with this line of thought. Yes, it's a bit bazaar for a murderer to become a teacher on morality but that is the way JC said it should be done so who else but a church could bring themselves to do it?

As an atheist I have to tell you, I've never looked at a homeless person and thought about killing them. When I have felt like committing violence it wasn't the repercussions of internment that dissuaded me. It was a deeply held belief that it was wrong. Yea, it really can be that simple. In fact, I don't think any person who chooses not to commit the act of violence does it because of fear of going to jail. The exception are those who want to kill those they married or are tied to because of some financial reason (he he he).

Delta said...

As an atheist I have to tell you, I've never looked at a homeless person and thought about killing them. When I have felt like committing violence it wasn't the repercussions of internment that dissuaded me. It was a deeply held belief that it was wrong. Yea, it really can be that simple. In fact, I don't think any person who chooses not to commit the act of violence does it because of fear of going to jail

I totally agree with you here, I was simply joking when I said that the threat of jail is what would keep me from doing it =)