Saturday, September 03, 2005

The Best Video Clip I've Ever Seen


     I don't know if you all saw this, but last night NBC and other networks aired a Concert for Hurricane Relief which was hosted by Mike Myers and Kanye West. Kanye West took advantage of the event being live and spoke out against the response to Hurricane Katrina by the Bush administration and by the media, even saying that "George Bush doesn't care about black people". The reactions by Mike Myers are hilarious as well as the contrast you see between Myer's empty, politically correct statements and West's unscripted, candid views about the situation. This segment was censored however for those of us on the West Coast, so we didn't get the chance to see it. But the video is here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could say something about Kanye's little outburst but his comments were so inarticulate and unfounded that I really can't.

Delta said...

Well I definitely agree with you that he was inarticulate, he sounded like a 3rd grader giving a book report in front of his class. But that doesn't surprise me all that much though, he had a script to read and he was going against what everyone else in the room wanted him to say. Plus he was speaking live to the country, I think I'd be nervous as well.

As for being unfounded, I'm not so sure. The way that the government has responded to this horrible crisis is sickening. For a nice set of pictures showing Bush having a hell of a time while people in Lousiana were suffering just check out The Passion of the Atheist.

Francois Tremblay said...

Do you really think a group of white people in suits would have been threatened and stopped from leaving New Orleans ?

Answer honestly.